Glucosamine is naturally found in a dog’s body. While most of it is present in healthy cartilage, it can be found in other locations as well. The main role of this substance is to produce glycosaminoglycan, which is essential to repair and form healthy tissue in the body, such as cartilage. As your dog becomes older, glucosamine production is slowed significantly, and as a result your dog will no longer be able to repair their tissues as quickly as what they were able to do in their puppy and young adult years. This can lead to stiffness and severe pain in their joints. As their joints become further damaged from a lack of glucosamine, arthritis can develop.
If your dog is showing signs of joint problems, then dog glucosamine supplement can be a great help. These amazing supplements will help to restore joint functionality, repair cartilage, and make your dog the happy, healthy pet they have always been.
The Benefits of Glucosamine Supplements
- This supplement acts as an anti-inflammatory, to reduce the level of pain that your dog experiences. They will not feel pain, and they will have increased energy levels as a result.
- There are rarely any side effects that occur with glucosamine supplements, and the side effects that could occur are very minor.
- These supplements give you the ability to restore your dog’s joint health the natural way. They will see increased mobility, and will display signs of being much more comfortable than they were before starting the supplements.
- The supplements help to lubricate your dog’s joints for easier mobility.
- When the supplements are taken, you will be able to eliminate or reduce other chemical based pain relievers that your dog might take to relieve their pain.
While there are other types of dog supplements on the market that can improve joint health, glucosamine is by far the most popular. When it is used in conjunction with chondroitin supplements, your dog will have a high chance of fully eliminating their joint pain. Chondroitin is naturally present in a dog’s cartilage as well, and like with glucosamine the production of it decreases with age. Once it works to reduce inflammation and relive pain, your dog will feel like a puppy once again by being much more playful, energetic, and mobile.
After you give your dog glucosamine supplements, keep in mind that it could take several weeks before you begin to see results. This is perfectly normal. In the beginning they will take a stronger dosage to get the supplement through their system, but as they begin to feel reduced pain and problems, they can then be reduced to a lower dosage that will maintain their better health. After your dog begins taking the supplement and you begin to see positive results, the benefits will be clear. They will most likely have to stay on the supplement for life, because if you take it away they may begin to have joint problems once again.